Nestled in the beautiful green mountains, Mutianyu is a special place in China with a long history and stunning landscapes. People love it because it is well-kept The great wall and the mix of old-fashioned charm and modern comforts Whether you’re a big fan of traveling or just love exploring new places, Mutianyu is a great spot to visit. Come with us as we take a virtual tour, discovering the stories of its impressive past and lively present.
Places to visit:
Mutianyu Great Wall: The star attraction, Multianyu’s Great Wall, offers a less crowded and more pristine experience compared to other sections. Spanning over 5,000 kilometers, this engineering marvel showcases the grandeur of ancient China.
Mutianyu Village: Immerse yourself in the local culture by exploring Mutianyu Village, where traditional houses and narrow alleyways provide a glimpse into the daily lives of the locals.
Zhenbiancheng Red Tower: A historic watchtower with panoramic views Zhenbiancheng Red Tower is a testament to the strategic significance of the Multianyu section during ancient times.
Before packing your bags, ensure you have a valid Chinese visa. Visit the official Chinese consulate or embassy website for the most up-to-date visa requirements and application procedures.
Costs and Fees
Air Ticket Fees:
Flying into Beijing is the most convenient way to reach Multianyu. Prices vary based on the season and your departure location, so it’s advisable to book your tickets well in advance. Keep an eye out for promotional deals and discounts.
Once in Beijing, you can reach Multianyu by bus, private car, or hire a local guide. Transportation costs are reasonable, with options for every budget. Consider purchasing a travel card for seamless access to public transport within the city.
Accommodation options in Mutianyu range from charming guesthouses to luxury resorts. Prices vary, but mid-range options offer a comfortable stay with proximity to the main attractions. Booking in advance ensures you secure the best rates.
Entrance fees to the Great Wall and other attractions are additional costs to factor into your budget. Souvenirs, local tours, and cultural experiences may also contribute to your overall expenditure.
Food & Lifestyle
- Selection of Duck: The traditional Peking Duck is made using a specific breed of duck called Pekin Duck. These ducks are often raised for their thin skin.
- Air-drying: The duck is seasoned and air-dried for several hours, sometimes even overnight. This process helps to achieve crispy skin.
- Cooking: The duck is typically roasted in a closed or hanging oven. The method of hanging the duck allows for even cooking and the rendering of fat, resulting in a crispy skin.
- Serving: The duck is usually carved in front of diners and served with thin pancakes or steamed buns, hoisin sauce, and sliced scallions. The traditional way to eat Peking Duck is to spread hoisin sauce on a pancake, add some slices of duck, and sprinkle with scallions before wrapping it up and enjoying.
- Hot Pot: Hot pot is a communal cooking method where a pot of simmering broth is placed at the center of the dining table, and diners cook a variety of raw ingredients (such as thinly sliced meat, vegetables, and noodles) in the broth. It’s a popular and interactive dining experience.
- Various Noodle Dishes: Noodles are a staple in Chinese cuisine, and there are numerous types and preparations. It could include dishes like chow mein, lo mein, or other regional specialties that use noodles as a key ingredient.
Experience the unique lifestyle of Mutianyu locals by strolling through the village. interacting with residents and participating in cultural activities. The laid-back atmosphere contracts with the bustling energy of nearby Beijing, providing a tranquil escape.
- Comfortable Footwear: Exploring the Great Wall requires comfortable walking shoes.
- Weather-Appropriate Clothing: Mutianyu experiences seasons, so pack accordingly.
- Camera: Capture the breathtaking landscapes and architectural wonders.
- Local Currency: Carry Chinese Yuan for local transactions.
- Cable Car Ride: For a unique and panoramic perspective of the Great Wall and its picturesque surroundings, consider taking a scenic cable car ride. Soaring above the rugged terrain, you’ll enjoy a bird’s-eye view of the magnificent landscape, providing a different and memorable way to appreciate the scale and grandeur of this iconic structure. This leisurely ride allows you to capture stunning photos and create lasting memories of your visit.
- Hiking Adventures: To forge a deeper connection with the Great Wall and its surroundings, embark on hiking adventures along less-traveled paths. Exploring these off-the-beaten-track routes not only offers a more intimate experience but also allows you to appreciate the natural beauty and historical significance of the landscape. Encounter ancient watchtowers, enjoy serene vistas, and discover hidden gems that often elude more mainstream visitors.
Multianyu is a fantastic place that combines history, culture, and nature, making it perfect for anyone who wants a complete experience. You can explore the famous Great Wall and enjoy the friendly local community. Mutianyu welcomes you to discover its treasures and make lasting memories. When you leave this wonderful place, take with you not just the amazing views but also the interesting stories that make Mutianyu a trip you’ll always remember.